Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mmmm My Sisters

I'm taking a brief break from blogging about Down Syndrome and life with Violette to welcome some of my Delta Gamma Sisters from DePauw (and other friends I hope) onto my blog.

We found out today a friend of ours (and roommate of mine for a semester) from college, lost her husband today after terrible, hard fought battle with cancer, and we want to show her our support.

Cheryl, a dear friend, has set up a paypal account to accept donations that will will use to provide our friend with something nice, and to buy a Hannah doll for their daughter. I'll post again to let you know what Cheryl and Patty end up doing.

We can't be with her right now, but we can certainly let her know that she and her family are in our thoughts and prayers...click the link below and you'll be able to make a secure donation. Cheryl will get the $$$ and get it to our friend. This is just so sad to me...






If you come on here, I'd love it if you would leave a comment for me and let me know how you are doing! Feel free to poke around the site and learn about more about my life and the wonderful Miss Violette!

Mmmm my sisters couldn't get along with out you now, got along without you before I met you, but I sure couldn't do it now...

ITB,

Missy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy,
I love your blog! Violette is so adorable.
Thanks so much to you and Cheryl for setting this up for Sharon and her daughter. My heart is breaking for them.
Hope you are doing well! We are planning a big day sledding here in New Hampshire....
take care,
ITB,
Laura Dove-Therrien

Hua said...

Hey,

It's great to see that you are able to spend time with your Delta Gamma Sisters! I'm new to your site and I have enjoyed reading about Violette.

Best,
Hua
Director of Bloggers
wellsphere.com