Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How we got Violette to wear her glasses

Violette wears Specs4Us Glasses (or glassies, as she likes to call them.) My hints for getting her to wear them? Violette was 2 years, 3 months when she got them. We totally let her control when they went on and when they went off - we encouraged her to put them on herself, and showed her how to fold them up. I had been told they were sturdy, and they are, so I decided to test that, and let her have control over when they were on and when they were off. First thing in the morning the glasses go on, and I'd let her put them on. I'd let her take them off at night. If she took them off, we'd hand them to HER to put back on - not try to put them on her.  We had SO much praise when she put them on, and how great she looked, and everyone we knew who wore glasses wore them while she was getting used to them. We also took her places where she needed to see things far away - and that was so much better with the glasses!


She LOVES her "glassies". She lost them one morning on the bus - they found them at school and she was kissing them when she found them! Let me know how it goes. I really think the Specs4Us were a key.  They are a great brand, with great customer service and lots of sizes and styles. They will work with you where ever you are!



Hope those tips help!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I really appreciate the tips. I'm planning on taking my bear cub for her first eye exam after the new year begins and I'm worried about how I would keep glasses on her (assuming she needs some).

Anonymous said...

Violette is adorable in those glasses. She reminds me of April our 22 year old. Happy New Year! susan

Chris6h said...

Thanks for the tips too. O has an eye appointment tomorrow and I'm pretty sure she will need glasses to help her see better close up. She isn't TOO bad, but I think she could use some help. Hoping I'm wrong, but I don't think s.