- I imagine that she will travel the world with Special Olympics (and take me places with her that I have only dreamed of.)
- I dream that she will live every day of her life as if it is the "best day in the best life ever," which is a phrase I've heard many adults with Down syndrome say.
- I dream that she will go to camp - I was never allowed to!
- I dream that she will be a public speaker - I love doing it, and I'd love to see her have a number of experiences doing that.
- I dream that she will be fluent in a second language. I never could learn - I'm giving her skills to be a good signer and I know other kids with DS go to secondary school and major in signing and deaf studies.
- I dream that through her life long advocacy for people with Down syndrome, something she started when she was 3 months old with an article that ran in our local people she will have helped change how the world perceives people with Down syndrome and other developmental and physical disabilities.
- I dream that she will be confident that she is ok as who and what she is, and that she will live in a world that values the inner person and inner beauty more than outer beauty.
What dreams do you have for your child with Down syndrome?